Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 10th. Now is the perfect time to celebrate the beauty and uniqueness of our mothers, sisters, grandmothers, aunts, friends, neighbors and co-workers.
Mothers come in all shapes and sizes and are such a special part of our everyday lives. They are the ones who selflessly put everyone else’s needs before their own. They are the ones who are there to comfort when times get tough. And mothers will always love their children, no matter what they have done, with that uncanny ability to forgive above all others.
So when you’re thinking of what you can do to make Mother’s Day special for your mother, consider doing some of these fun activities to make mom feel like queen for a day:
- Take mom on a picnic. Get out that big wicker basket, fill it with all kinds of fresh, colorful organic fruits and veggies and prepare a healthy, yummy lunch for mom. To add a special touch, make a tasty pasta salad, macaroni salad or signature dish to let mom know you went the extra step just for her.
- Serve breakfast in bed. Does mom crave banana pancakes but she never has the time to make them? Surprise her with your cooking talents!
- Go for a hike and take in nature’s beauty. Getting outside in the fresh air is one of the best ways to connect with nature. Appreciate the natural beauty of nature with mom.
- Take mom to the beach. If you’re lucky enough to live near the ocean, take mom out for a fun day of beaching, but remember to take your sunblock!
- Treat mom to a day at the spa or take a yoga class together. Let the professionals get out all the tensions of everyday life and help mom feel like a brand new woman!
Share your best memories of your mom with us and don’t forget to enter to win some of our GREAT May prizes!
Image via stock.xchng.