While I was cruising around the internet, I found a wonderful DIY homemade, natural salt scrub recipe. I just had to share this with you. It’s so simple to make and great to give as a quick, last minute Christmas gift!
These days, I’m all about exfoliation. Scrubbing your skin mildly with a salt or sugar scrub will make your skin look radiant and smooth.
If you want to make this as a gift, you can use cleaned out jars from last week’s groceries, mason jars from your local craft or natural food store or even jars found at thrift stores, garage sales or swap meets. The possibilities are endless.
So here’s how you make it:
- To create about 16 oz. of salt scrub, you will need 1 cup of salt, 1 cup of carrier oil such as sweet almond oil, coconut oil or even olive or canola oil and roughly 10 drops of your choice of essential oil. I like lavender and peppermint, but you can use whatever scent you like best.
- Pour 1/4 cup of salt into your jar.
- Add about 5 drops of essential oil and add some carrier oil.
- Then, continue to add some more salt and a few more drops of essential oil.
- Stir and add remaining salt.
That’s it! What could be easier than that? If you’re giving the salt scrub as a gift, simply hop on your computer and create a festive, decorative label and top off with a bow.
Have a healthy, happy holiday season!