Here are 5 effective muscle soreness workout tips for ladies on the move. Remember, muscle soreness after workout is normal and nothing to worry about. If it does not hinder with simple activities like climbing stairs, it’s fine. In fact, it shows that you’re doing a fruitful workout. Your body has already started responding to it.
5 Muscle Soreness Workout Tips
- Continue with your workout as scheduled. Skip only if it’s too unbearable.
- Stick to low-intensity exercises in the beginning. Increase the intensity gradually to give your muscles time to recover and reduce muscle soreness.
- Take extra vitamin C, preferably 3 grams more.
- Include green ginger tea or herbal tea in your menu. It’s known for its anti-oxidants and soothing properties.
- Put ice packs on the sore area.
- Stop exercising and hit the bed to relieve muscle soreness. It will only make it worse.
- Take a shower immediately after workout. (Let your body cool off naturally for a while. Drink water to replenish it. Thereafter, take a shower, alternately with hot and cold water for better blood circulation.)
- Perform weight lifting daily. Alternating it is best.
If you’re thinking of avoiding muscle soreness after workout, then you’d be disappointed. Whenever your body is subjected to some form of vigorous physical activity, which it is not used to, it’s bound to react. However, the above muscle soreness workout tips will make the ache in your arms and legs bearable.