- Stay active. Even if it’s only a short 10-minute walk to the grocery store for some more eggnog, take any opportunity you get to exercise. Be creative, even when you can’t make it to the gym.
- Avoid excess. Now this doesn’t just mean avoiding all those yummy holiday cookies, cakes and pies. Avoid the excess alcohol, too. It’s just as easy to gain a few extra pounds from those Cosmopolitans as it is from the sweets!
- Keep your good eating habits. Try not to grab a quick bite from the local fast food joint just because you’re busy with frantic holiday shopping. Schedule your shopping around healthy meal times and remember to keep eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies!
- Get enough sleep. Most adults need between 7 and 8 hours of sleep a night. Make sure you take enough time out of your busy schedule to rejuvenate your body and allow it to rest. Try avoiding snacks right before bedtime, caffeine, alcohol and any other beverages within 2 hours of going to bed.
- Take time out for a massage. With all you’re doing for other people during this holiday season, take some time to treat yourself to a soothing, stress-relieving massage. That 1 hour will make all the difference!
Whatever your plans are for the holidays, take a few moments for yourself. De-stress, Rejuvenate and Enjoy!
Do you have any tips for de-stressing during the holidays?
Image from stock.xchng