Health is really a concern for every age. It does matter if the person is a housewife, professional, social activist, doctor or doing any other profession. People should take care of their health to make their life livelier and also to make their professional life more concentrating and fruitful. Taking care of health does not mean that you have to compromise with your taste. There are healthy recipes available which can make a delicious bet.
Here are few recipes which will not only boost your energy but give your tongue a fresh taste.
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup light cream or milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Beat eggs; beat in cream or milk and seasonings. Cook in upper part of double boiler over hot water until the eggs are just set, stirring often. Serve at once with toast.
Ginger Yoghurt with Fruits
- 3/4cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 large papaya
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Blend together yogurt, banana, and ginger in blender. Spoon out meat of papaya and divide papaya and grapes between two bowls.
Mix with blended yogurt and top with sliced almonds.
Tropical Energy Smoothie
- 2 TBS sesame paste
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 medium papaya
Scoop out flesh from papaya with spoon. Add to blender with rest of ingredients. Blend until smooth.
Coconut Strawberry Salad
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and quarteredGranulated sugar to taste
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup orange juice
Cut the strawberries into quarters and sprinkle them with sugar. Stir to coat and allow macerating for 30 minutes to one hour.
In a glass bowl, mix together strawberries, pineapple, and coconut. Drizzle orange juice over and stir to mix. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Serve cold.
- 1 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS raisins
- 2 TBS sliced almonds
- 2 TBS dried apricots, chopped
- 2 TBS sunflower seeds
- 1 date, chopped
- 1 TBS dried cranberries
Mix all ingredients together.
Bring 2 cups water to a boil.
Add mixed ingredients. Turn heat to low and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until water is absorbed, about 7 minutes.
Cover, and set for about 2 minutes before serving.
Serve with low-fat milk or dairy-free milk.
- 1 package(s) (16-ounce) Chinese wheat noodles or spaghetti
- 1/3 cup(s) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed with garlic press
- 1 teaspoon(s) Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, unpeeled, cut lengthwise in half and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 radishes, cut into 1-inch by 1/4-inch sticks
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchstick-thin strips
- Heat large saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat; add noodles and cook as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, with wire whisk or fork, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, crushed red pepper, and 1/2 cup water until blended. Set sauce aside.
- Drain noodles; rinse under cold running water and drain again.
- In large serving bowl, toss noodles with sauce until evenly coated. Top with vegetables; toss before serving.
Apple and Banana Shake
- 2 ripe Bananas (peeled)
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- large Apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- ½ cup Milk
- Place banana, orange juice, apple and milk in a blender.
- •Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
Almond or Cashew Milk
- 1 cup Blanched Almond (or 1 cup raw cashews)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 cups Water
- Keep almonds in hot water and leave it for about 2 minutes. Gently pat it dry; remove the skins as well.
- Blend the almonds in a blender or food processor with 1 cup of water; until it smoothens.
- Now add salt and remaining 3 cups water and blend again; until it smoothens.
- Spoon the content into a pitcher. You can use it for 3-4 days of making
Choco Fruit Yogurt
- 1/2 Pineapple
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 bowl Black Grapes
- 10 Almonds
- 10 Cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 kg Curd
- 2 Apples
- Squeeze out water from the curd by wrapping the curd in a piece of cloth and hanging it for 45 minutes.
- Now, add cocoa powder and sugar and beat it well.
- Peel off the apples and pineapples; and grate it.
- Now, mix the grated fruits into the curd paste; refrigerate it.
- Garnish it with almonds and cashew nuts.
- 450 gm Lentils (soaked in water for few hours & drained)
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1tbsp Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Salt to taste• ¼ tsp Pepper
- Take olive oil with onion, tomato paste, garlic, spices in a pan and cook it covered for 5 min on medium flame.
- Mix in lentils and cover the pan. Cook it for 30 min on medium flame. Stir it occasionally. Add more water if required.
- Stir in cumin with salt & pepper to taste.
- Put in cilantro with parsley and cook it covered until lentils are tender.
- Serve it hot